Welcome to TechEmerge Health Brazil
After the successful inaugural program in India, the TechEmerge Program is launching in Brazil with the aim to match innovators from around the world with Brazilian healthcare providers to accomplish the dual goals of improving healthcare delivery and patient outcomes through structured pilots and new partnerships.
Selected participants will gain funding and guidance from the TechEmerge team to pilot their tech innovations in the Brazilian market, with the ultimate goal of wider, commercial implementation of technology.
How it Works
- TechEmerge is open to technology innovators globally – whether they are already operating in Brazil or not. Innovators will be selected through a competitive open application process.
- Ideal candidates are post-seed companies with products that have established proof of concept and installed with one or more clients.
- Companies should have the intention and operational capacity to do long-term business in the Brazilian market.
- Selected innovators are invited to demo their solutions and participate in curated matchmaking meetings with health organizations in Brazil to discuss the opportunity to form a partnership. The matchmaking event is tentatively scheduled to take place on June 28-29 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- In preparation for these meetings, the TechEmerge team provides background information on the market and helps innovators better understand how their technologies can be applied.
- Through the curated one-on-one matchmaking meetings, shortlisted innovators will be able to meet in-person with leading healthcare organizations to discuss the potential of conducting a pilot together.
PILOT PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION
- With guidance from the TechEmerge team, innovators and health providers develop joint pilot proposals, outlining the pilot design, objectives, key metrics, timeline and budget.
- Selected participants are awarded funding to support pilot implementation. Pilot proposals are selected through a competitive selection process.
- Through the TechEmerge program, participants are supported with programmatic assistance and routine check-ins to ensure that progress is made and the projects are on track.
- TechEmerge provides a pool of $1M in funding to support local pilot projects in Brazil.
- In addition, innovators will be able to join educational workshops and receive pilot implementation planning and support from the TechEmerge team.
What are the commercial benefits
- Selected innovators will be offered the opportunity to present their pilot results at large events and conferences: any preliminary data and proof-of-concept results may be used for promotional purposes on the TechEmerge website, in press releases, newsletters, and other marketing material.
- This is a chance for both innovators and participating organizations to increase their visibility for implementing innovation solutions.
POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH
- TechEmerge participants are invited to evaluate the individual impact of each pilot and explore the opportunity of expanding established relationships into commercial contracts.
The country is the 5th largest in the world with a population of 208 million and a GDP of approx. $1.8 trillion dollars. It is the 8th largest healthcare market in the world, and set to grow to $232 billion by 2021.
The Brazilian health systems participating in the TechEmerge program range from multi-specialty hospital networks to specialty clinics, home care and diagnostic lab networks. They have facilities across all regions in Brazil, serving both urban and rural populations.
Priority needs identified by the healthcare providers include
TechEmerge Health Innovation Summit
The TechEmerge Health Brazil program reached a key milestone.
On June 28-29, IFC and Bionexo brought 42 selected tech companies from 9 countries to Sao Paulo, to present their cutting-edge solutions in live demos, and participate in matchmaking meetings with 25 leading Brazilian healthcare systems, to discuss new projects that can improve healthcare delivery and patient outcomes.
DIRECTOR, MEDICAL SCREENING SOLUTIONS (GERMANY)
SR GENERAL MANAGER, HEALTHCARE (INDIA)
Brazil health program is powered by
Founded in 2000, it is the main reference for digital health in Latin America, currently operating in five countries. Bionexo has long been recognized at the forefront of innovation within the health-tech sector, including through its newly launched whizHealth initiative that focus on fostering the digital healthcare entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Catalyst @ Health 2.0 is a New York City based consulting firm that specializes in forming strategic partnerships between digital health innovators and companies interested in new healthcare technology. Since 2010, Catalyst has hosted 90+ innovation challenges with $9m in awards, coordinated over 175+ pilot programs to test and validate solutions, and created connections for more than 1,500 firms via matchmaking events.
Tech company? Apply now!
We're looking for you to apply to our open call!
Brazillian companies are also more than welcome to apply.